“I believe in the power of elegant minimalism in a world increasingly saturated with garish colour.”
A Product Designer at my day job (converting HCM Data into Actionable Insights for Leaders), and a Dad at off-hours. In both these roles I deal with end users with low attention span. I love the fact that I tell stories to both using progressive disclosure techniques which mostly brings out their happy faces in the end.
UX Lead, ADP.
Nov 2017 to Present (~ 2 yr).
- I lead the India design team as a part of DataCloud initiative at ADP. Have been responsible for evangelising UX Design across the organisation by means of FF3 Design sprint.
- My main responsibilities include leading the data visualization discussions to bring out actionable insights for the Managers/Leaders. Most of my time is spent working on digital design strategies, service design concepts, mobile apps & product sites in order to deliver great and easy to understand user interfaces.
Sr. UX Designer, Microsoft.
June 2014 to August 2017 (3 yrs 2 mnths).
- I played the role of a UX Lead in the customer projects which required me to be involved right from the pre-sales stage, to envisioning workshops, to doing the first set of product/application ideation, and then executing the overall UX journey of the delivery.
- One of my core responsibilities was to manage and progressively engage the team responsible for overall UX within the project comprising of designers, developers, business analysts & testers to get the best of the User Experience in the product/app.
- Clients: Ford, Tata Motors, Auckland Transport, Real Madrid.
Head, UX Design. Germin8.
August 2010 to June 2014 (3 yrs 11 mths).
- I led the product experience at Germin8 Solutions. I built and was the head of the design team. I reported directly to the CEO. My team owned the product experience across all the products developed at Germin8. These included the flagship product Explic8, which is known to provide world class social media analytics and insights through interactive dashboards and reports.
- Clients: Airtel, Asian Paints, MTV, Godrej, ICICI Bank.
Information Architect, Hewlett Packard.
June 2008 to August 2010 (2 yrs 2 mths).
- Provided user experience consulting to a number of customers. This involved the UCD process, doing extensive user and market research, persona development, usability tests, wireframes creation, paper prototyping, and customer presentations.
- Clients: JP Morgan Chase, CITI, HDFC Std Life, Schneider Electric.
Creative Intern, OgilvyOne.
May 2007 to Oct 2007 (6 mths).
- Worked on brainstorming for ideas, creating innovative advertisement layouts for both print and online media.
- Clients: Vodafone, Cadbury, Yahoo!
Excerpts from Linkedin recommendations.
“..Suri was able to quickly provide feasible designs and convert large and complex data sets into simple easy to understand designs based on the user’s needs..”
Parthasarthi Datta, Product Manager at ADP.
“It’s rare that you come across standout talent like Suri. He's passionate about design and development, and is one of the "go to" people in the space for his knowledge of the UX.”
Sampada Mahajan, Senior Usability Consultant at HP.
“A perfect combination of technology and creativity, he is always updated with the latest UI techniques and often seen researching and expressing his views on interesting trends, topics and technology.”
Nivruti Doshi, Relationship Manager at Germin8.
“Creativity personified is what comes to my mind when we talk about Suri.”
Tushar Bansal, Ex-colleague at Germin8, now Head of Product at Simplilearn.
“Suri is very creative and has great work ethics. He has always delivered good results in reasonable cost.”
Rahul Agarwal, Vice President at Credit Suisse.
“Some engineers are enthusiastic about fine art, quite a few develop it as a hobby to be with the sparse female population, Surendra on the other hand was a natural at it, and loved doing it.”
Abhishek Thakkar, Head of Design at Craftsvilla.